Bujold quote

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Mon Jul 28 21:55:40 EDT 2003

It seems to me it was something Cordelia said in "Barrayar" (or
perhaps in "Shards of Honor") when she was ruminating about leaving
Beta Colony for Barrayar.

but I could be wrong.

>I don't know if any other Aussie members have noticed
>this (it took me weeks to see it and then I had to
>record it to check) but in the current ABC TV
>promotions for their August line up they include a
>quote from Lois Bujold that flashes briefly on the
>screen. It is "home is not a place but people" (or
>something like that) Some of the quotes they show
>relate specifically to programs (the one before it
>from Ned Kelly seems to) but the only program in the
>ad that seems to be associated with the quote is, I
>think, something about a coronor. Does anyone know
>where the quote is from?
>I'd been seeing the promo for weeks wondering why it
>made me think of Bujold before I realised her name
>actually appeared in it.
>
>Jon

Political language--and with variations this is true of all political
parties, from Conservatives to Anarchists--is designed to make lies
sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of
solidity to pure wind.
George Orwell: "Politics and the English Language"

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net