Spellcoats ending (spoiler)

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jul 28 03:25:27 EDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Irina Rempt wrote:

> On Monday 28 July 2003 08:58, Paul Andinach wrote:
>
> > So 'The Spellcoats' is more in the tradition of stories where the
> > reader only gets an unreliable account of what occurred, with or
> > without guidance about which bits are actually true. And I'm sure
> > there's a classic example of *that*, but it's not coming to mind...
>
> If that's a real lapse of memory and not a joke, I'd suggest the
> Gospels.

Not a bad example, although I was thinking more of stories where it's
a deliberate authorial device.

(Like... like... bother. No, that was a real lapse of memory. The only
books that are coming to mind are ones that I haven't actually read
and which might not actually be good examples.)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."