Elfsorrow

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Sun Jul 20 12:22:19 EDT 2003

Minnow said to Charlie...

> Speaking of which --
> You have managed not to send yet another picture of an orange envelope as
> an attachment, so you are winning to a certain extent, but.your attempt to
> disinfect your posts of the HTML you got when you replied to an
> "IncrediMail 2001" post of the
>
> didn't work, and I got what follows.

Obviously, stuff depends on what mail programs people are using.  But I
offer this as possibly helpful to some other listmembers...

I am using Outlook Express.  It allows me to 1) set my outgoing mail to
always be in plain text and 2) set it to force all incoming mail to display
in plain text, no matter what the sender of the mail did.  These settings
are available under Tools/Options.  For me, with those settings in place,
mails that started out as HTML usually appear as plain text, but with an
attachment which is the HTML version (which, of course, I generally ignore).
I don't know how this would work for digest readers, since I don't use
digest for any of my mailing lists, but it certainly makes *my* life easier.

I would suggest that those listmembers who can make such settings do so; it
would probably conduce to greater easiness all round.

If any listmembers who are using Outlook or Outlook Express would like more
info about how to do this, they are welcome to mail me offlist and I will do
my best to help them.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"[My rule] for keeping my temper in order, is never to leave it too long
with another person."
- Horace Walpole