Test

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Sun Jul 20 10:23:40 EDT 2003

Apologies for trying the list's patience one more time, but I took Anita's
very sensible advice and am sending this mostly to see if it has solved the
problem. Please let me know if it hasn't.

While I'm here though, I do feel I ought to put in an obDWJ. So here's one
that seems relevant to our recent thread (the word being v. significant in
this context!) on stories told in non-chronological order. It's a quote from
the Spellcoats:

...by thinking and thinking and discussing it with Duck, I have remembered
it better--though I am not sure we have it in the right order.
    'That's the trouble with you, Tanaqui!' Duck said to me. 'You always
have to have things in *order*. You're as bad as Hern.' I think Duck is
right, though I did not realise it before. If I cannot get a thing straight
in my head, it offends me, like a piece of weaving that has gone wrong--like
Robin's awful blue skirt.

Charlie

"Run mad as often as you chuse, but do not faint!"