Genre prejudice

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Thu Jul 17 11:45:56 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 04:28:03PM +0100, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

>"the following was propounded in my presence" doesn't make it "my
>statement", it makes it something put forward for consideration whilst I

The statement that you passed on, as opposed to some other statement
made in this list. I'm not claiming that you invented it or stand behind
it in any way.

>[2] "What?", "What If?" and "What Then?" make a
>pleasing sequence.

What I'm failing to see, I think, is the distinction between "What If?"
and "What Then?". Can you suggest examples of stories that are squarely
in one camp or the other?

Roger