Vorkosigan books and DWJ hero/ines

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 15 18:40:32 EDT 2003

I'm currently reading Barrayar and (once again) really enjoying it. I'm
enjoying the love story between Cordelia and Aral, and the thought occurred
to me that he is very nice husband material, unlike some other uberheroes
whom I love reading about, but when I think about it, would be Very
Uncomfortable being married to. One that springs to mind is Francis
Lymond -delicious, but extremely uncomfortable. Not a relaxing sort of a
person.

Can you think of other people - of both sexes - who are otherwise wonderful
characters but would be exhausting to be married to? Actually, to me, quite
a few of DWJ's heroes fit into this category. Give me Ali over Howl in the
husband stakes any day! Though I love Howl to bits.

Regards
Elizabeth.