Genre prejudice

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 15 13:31:56 EDT 2003

>There's an interesting article by Dave Wolverton on this subject, here:
>http://www.sff.net/people/torhyth/tangent/others/art03.htm

Thanks for the link, Charles. I though the article was interesting,
although I hate that particular intepretation of the William Carlos
Williams poem. I have some issues with some of Wolverton's statements,
because it seems to me he is making a lot of his arguments based on fiction
by men, and his comments don't fit so well with a lot of feminist work.
Also, what about magic realism? That is an accepted literary genre which
doesn't appear to have made a blip on Wolverton's radar.

Robyn