Fwd: Re: Byatt on Potter

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Fri Jul 11 00:31:21 EDT 2003

>If my attitude is snobbery, it's reverse snobbery. :)
>I just don't care much for modern literature. There isn't much in modern
>literature I'd care to read twice.

How do you define modern literature? That seems a pretty big category to me
- anything written after about 1890 and before 1970?

>(Like water for chocolate is an
>exception...)

If you liked that, there is a good chance you would like the Byatt fairy
tales. Most of Byatt's work is what I would call postmodern literature, so
I am not sure how that fits your category.

Robyn