Byatt on Potter

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jul 10 14:26:41 EDT 2003

> Byatt's work is often the opposite of grindingly realistic. She writes (and
> rewrites) fairy tales, and a couple of her novels are fairly intensely
> about 19th/20th century interests in spiritualism (mediums, etc).

Oh yes. _Possession_. Gak. Periodically I make attempt to read it. It's
still coming across to me as tragically-hip, City-Lights-Bookstore to be
bothered with.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"If one by one we counted people out
For the least sin, it wouldn't take us long
To get so that we had no one left to live with.
For to be social is to be forgiving. " -- Robert Frost, "The Star-Splitter"