DWJ and Robin McKinley

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Jul 9 16:45:04 EDT 2003

Ok, so I'm playing around with some biographical/literary databases and
was comparing coverage of Diana and Robin McKinley (well, I had to put in
other female young adult fantasy writer...)

Interestingly, the St. James Guide to Fantasy Writers sees The Spellcoats
and Fire and Hemlock as humorless... very odd to me.

On the other hand, I am noticing how much I identify with Aerin in _The
Hero and the Crown_ ("I am Dragonkiller, the least of my family, and if I
have done a great thing, I must die of it...") And with Sophie in _Howls'
Moving Castle_...

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"If one by one we counted people out
For the least sin, it wouldn't take us long
To get so that we had no one left to live with.
For to be social is to be forgiving. " -- Robert Frost, "The Star-Splitter"