Byatt on Potter

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at cs.oberlin.edu
Wed Jul 9 11:09:56 EDT 2003

> On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 meparks at mtholyoke.edu wrote:
>
> > all want another fix quick quick quick.  JKR has, I believe, said
that she is
> > not going to write more than seven books about Harry Potter--but
will she set
> > more in the Hogwarts universe?

I read an interview with her (whose reference I can not currently find,
but for which I will look), in which she stated that the only other book
she would consider writing in the Hogwarts world would be a "Universe of
Hogwarts" type thing...you know, look this is all of the world building
I've done, isn't it shiny?  Type thing.
And then, after that, she's said no more in that universe.  Part of me
wonders if she'll just burn out after HP.
-RDG