More on Martha Wells

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Jul 9 14:05:51 EDT 2003

Melissa:

>  >
>>I know that some people felt that the ending of  _City of Bones_  was
>>more than a bit unresolved - I certainly went straight to Amazon to
>>see if there was news of a sequel.
>
>Funny, that was an ending I felt very comforted by.  This is why it's a Good
>Thing to love Thomas Hardy.  :)

Has lurkdom got you out of the habit of communicating with mere
mortals, or am I just being really thick in not understanding the
Hardy connection here? :-)

>But if she does ever write a sequel, I'll
>be thrilled.  (The ending I liked least was _Necromancer_ so basically I get
>my wish for a "sequel" to that one.)

Avoiding spoilers, but wondering if your reason for liking that
ending least might have something to do with the aspects I found a
bit unsettling in the book.  Which are not at all ignored in _The
Wizard Hunters_ -impressively IMO, though I can't say *why*.  Unless
you've read it already?  I'll be really interested to hear your
reaction when you have.

Hallie.