Private Eye on Potter

Anna Clare McDuff amcduff at math.sunysb.edu
Wed Jul 9 07:22:03 EDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Anna Clare McDuff wrote:

> progress in Order of the Phoenix (huge and coherent). OotP is gigantic but
> I felt all of that bulk was actually doing something whereas much as I

	Having said that I must add that I have just spotted a very funny
cartoon in the new Private Eye (UK satirical magazine): Woman introducing
herself to Snipcock -or is it Tweed- "I'm JK Rowling's editor...
responsible for cutting and trimming and honing and fine tuning and making
sure that the prose and the story telling are as lean and trim and concise
as possible so that it doesn't become far too long and unwieldy with too
many words and sentences and avoids going on and on and on and on and on
and on and..."

	<giggle>

	Anna