Potter on public transport

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 8 23:23:56 EDT 2003

>I would have agreed with everything in this
>article after reading HP1 and probably after
>rereading 2 and 3 as well, but my conviction is
>wavering with each succesive book. A couple of
>weeks ago I watched a young lass reading HP5 on
>the bus. She got up from her seat and pressed the
>bell, still reading, picked her way down the
>aisle, still reading, stepped off the bus and
>walked up the street, still reading...........
>And then I got caught by the damn thing (I will
>NOT buy the hardback, I WILL not buy etc) in the
>supermarket. I only meant to glance at it but
>started to read and had to wrench myself away at
>page six. It is impressive.

The monday after HP5 came out, there were 4 people on my bus reading it,
including 2 teenage girls (they looked about 14), one reading it aloud to
the other. I made a comment to the reader out lout about her voice lasting
when we got off the bus at the train station, and she said "We have to do
it this way, it's her copy, and I can't wait".

Robyn