Spontaneous overflow of powerful feeling

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Jul 8 06:10:18 EDT 2003

Roger kindly did the research student bit:

>On Sun, Jul 06, 2003 at 06:50:41PM +0100, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
>>I am still fascinated by these plural cats.  I only recall the one cat.
>Since I had two minutes to spare, I downloaded a copy of _Stalky & Co._
>and searched for every occurrence of the words "cat", "pussy", and some
>others. There is only one actual cat, in _An Unsavory Interlude_, though
>the word is also used for the result of smoking extremely cheap cigars.

Thank you: I am glad to have that confirmed.

>Total elapsed time, including the downloading, was something less than
>ninety seconds.

Well, yes, but I don't have your access to the web.  "Can't get the wood,
you know...."  :-)

BTW, I think it was only the one cigar, too -- "Good job we hadn't one
apiece, ain't it?" is the comment I remember Stalky as making just before
he "laid all before them"....  *and* they get copped by the Prooshian
Bates.  Altogether a very moral episode, about the retribution visited on
those who smoke evil cheroots.

Minnow