Wind in the Willows

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Sun Jul 6 16:41:20 EDT 2003

> Didn't someone writer a book which tells this whole story from the stoats'
> and weasels' point of view, incidentally? Which would certainly be relevant
> to this discussion. Called Wild Wood, or something similar.

Fellowship Hall. I don't recall the author. I never read it myself. I so
disliked WitW in the first place that I felt no need. A friend on mine who had
always rather enjoyed the story -- despite considering Toad one of the most
repellent characters in British children's literature -- did and found that it
spoiled his oppinion of Badger, who on rereading Grahame came across as the worst
sort of retired Colonial officer. Ready to bully anyone who knuckles under and
with no real consideration of anyone outside his own narrow worldview.