Wind in the Willows (was Re: HP review)

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 18:24:07 EDT 2003

--- Charles Butler > And I promise you, WitW, really
*is* one of my
> favourite books. That's why
> I'm so hard on it. In America they call it tough
> love...

Reminds me of a line from a Marty Feldmann sketch of
many years ago "you've got to be cruel to be kind, and
you've got to be very cruel to be very kind" (which is
what we told our children all the time when we were
raising them :)

Seriously though I agree with your analysis of WitW,
and like you, I love the book. Hmm .... could have
great fun doing an analysis of it as a Subversive
Text.

Jon