More on Martha Wells

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Jul 4 04:37:24 EDT 2003

Just got this information straight from the horse's mouth, (or her
husband at any rate), and also got permission to pass it on.
(There's a *very* small MW Yahoo group now, and he posted there.)

I know that some people felt that the ending of  _City of Bones_  was
more than a bit unresolved - I certainly went straight to Amazon to
see if there was news of a sequel.    Apparently MW offered a sequel
to CoB and the book that was to become _Death of the Necromancer_ to
Tor.  DotN was turned down, so she turned down the sequel offer and
then sold DotN to Avon.  Sounds as if there's still a possibility
that she might do the sequel to CoB some day, but not for a while,
what with the trilogy and her also having another job.

Hallie.