HP review

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Jul 3 06:17:58 EDT 2003

Anna:

>	Speaking of HP5 there was an intelligent and provocative article
>in the Boston Phoenix about the subversive aspects of Harry Potter, even
>Potter-bystanders such as yourself might find it amusing! I really enjoyed
>it.
>
>http://www.bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/other_stories/documents/02977459.htm

If you want provocative (and also intelligent, IMHO) you might have a
look at this one.

http://books.guardian.co.uk/harrypotter/story/0,10761,979797,00.html

But don't read it if your blood pressure won't handle HP criticism
(in the negative, rather than literary sense), or if you can't stand
the thought of social/political analysis of the books.  :-)

Some of the points are not that well argued, but I think it's an
interesting contrast to the HP as anti-conformist argument in the
Phoenix article, which I really didn't buy.  Anyone know if the
Richard Adams was THE Richard Adams?

Hallie.