Had to ask...Now the Vorkosigan books

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Jul 2 07:21:10 EDT 2003

Anna:

>  Thanks! Am very interested
>to see if I agree with Hallie about the Hamlet in Space thing (which
>sounds great), or if I would prefer another Shakespearean.
>I'm currently working up a mild obsession with Henry V, both owing
>to recently having
>seen the *spectacularly good* new National production, (easily the best
>Modern Shakespeare I've seen and possibly the best Shakespeare I've seen
>and I say that as one who can get very sniffy about attempts to update the
>Bard)  and because late last night on another forum various similarities
>between Henry V & Harry P popped into my mind (scars, destinies, that kind
>of thing), but possibly I was merely desperately in need of a good kip...

I'm not *entirely* wedded to the Miles and Hamlet similarities, and
now that you mention it, could make room there for a few Miles and
Henry V ones too.   :-)  As a recovering Henry V obsessive, I
probably shouldn't ask, but do you happen to know how long the
production will be at the National?

Hallie.