HP review

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Jul 1 16:45:16 EDT 2003

Ven wrote:

>I've read various reminiscences of people who
>were bullyed in American schools which very much
>bear this out. It always makes me glad to have
>been at school in a culture where weird was an
>available and even acceptable choice, albeit not
>considered the best.

Almost everyone I know in SF fandom seems to have
been bullied at school in Britain, up to and
including broken bones and permanent damage to
the senses as a result of violent exposure to
noxious chemicals....

I mean, I got ostracised for *reading*, how weird
can one be, we didn't have a telly, *foureyes!*

Minnow