Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Fri Jan 31 16:29:31 EST 2003

On Friday 31 January 2003 22:25, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:
> Melissa wrote in response to Hallie:
> >>I was going to ask about bothering to read onto the fourth one,
> >> which I've never read.
> >
> >You ought to, if you were avoiding it based on the first three
> > books.
> >
> > >There is far more complexity in the final chapters of that book
> > > than anywhere else in the series.
>
> Except that to get to the best part of the book, you have to somehow
> survive the first 200 pages about the Quidditch world cup. Yawn. I
> wish I could have edited that book.

My daughter, rising eight when she read it, said that it should have
been two books, one all about Quidditch and one only about the
tournament, and she'd have enjoyed each one more than she did the whole
Goblet of Fire. I tend to agree. I don't mind books about Quidditch,
but I do mind lengthy preambles about Quidditch.

   Irina

--
Vesta veran, terna puran, farenin.          http://www.valdyas.org/irina
Found Objects: http://www.valdyas.org/~irina/foundobjects/