translations

Ulrika Isacsson ulrika.books at incamail.com
Fri Jan 31 04:16:51 EST 2003

Kyla wrote:

> So we went to the library, and I think I found some DWJ in Swedish (not
> that I could read it, but I was interested), and a really, really weird
> selection of books in English. Luckily, there was a complete works of Jane
> Austen, so I got that and _The Left Hand of Darkness_, and those (mostly
> the first :^) took me a while.
>
> Really, the point was that it was interesting trying to figure out what
> the blurbs of the DWJs said in Swedish.

Hello,

Since my first dwj was read in Swedish about 15 years ago, I thought this seemed like an appropriate thread to introduce myself in. I've been lurking here for a while now, but thought it would be polite to let you know that I'm listening to ... erm reading ... the conversation.

My name is Ulrika and I've loved dwj-books since I read my first one, Dogsbody (called Hundstjärna = Dogstar in Swedish). Also the Howl-books, Power of Three and A Tale of Time City have been translated into Swedish quite some time ago. Even if I have almost all of her books in English now, I'm glad that they are translating the older ones.

//Ulrika