feminism and fairy tales course syllabus

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 31 03:49:00 EST 2003

Actually, Jackie, I audited Maria Tatar's class on fairytales (I think it
was called "Fairytales and the Art of Childhood") when I was a visiting
student at Harvard, and I thought *HER* syllabus was missing some obvious
(to me) children's authors. I found her discussion on Anne Sexton to be
fascinating, and I enjoyed great parts of the class, but at some point
starting losing interest because I was so frustrated by where the discussion
wasn't going - so many fun areas to explore that weren't being explored.
Though I will admit part of my frustration stemmed from the fact that I was
fighting an urge to monopolize all the discussions, when in fact all
auditors had been politely requested not to participate in discussions as
there were too many students enrolled in the class anyway.... Anyway, I've
just tried looking for the syllabus to that class in my papers, but couldn't
find it. I'm sure I have it somewhere, I never throw anything away, but it's
probably filed in the entirely wrong place...

Gili Bar-Hillel
Tel-Aviv, tel.(03)5250014

www.picturetrail.com/gilibug