Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Thu Jan 30 22:51:21 EST 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 11:07:36AM -0800, Ven wrote:
> A common theme in dwj is the idea that people who
> are being bullied often turn round and pick on
> somebody else -- eg in WW, the way everyone is
> allowed to have a go at Brian Perkins and even
> Nan flies at him once. Her solution, clearly, is
> to stop doing that and deal with the real
> problem.

I think an even more telling example is in Drowned Ammet, when Mitt
realizes that Al (this vicious cynical bullying man that he hates) is
his own father, and how easily he himself could go down that path --
when he sees the two possible futures of himself returning to the
Islands as a conqueror or as a friend.

Kathryn Andersen