Ahasuerus

Anna Z Skarzynska theania at freeuk.com
Thu Jan 30 17:17:04 EST 2003

  Helen Schinske (in response to me saying he turns up in LM Montgomery's Rilla):
  Perhaps he was used as a translation for the Pied Piper? I don't think the Wandering Jew appears, though I could be wrong.

  Me:
  Unless my memory is more flawed than I realize, I am quite sure he does. I am positive that this was the first time I've ever heard of him.
  He doesn't, IIRC, actually DO anything- he is seen and commented on, in the context of the troubled times the world is going through. Of course, the person who identified him may simply have seen a tramp...
  Ania