Ahasuerus

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Thu Jan 30 16:55:22 EST 2003

In a message dated 1/29/2003 9:45:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

> "Anna Z Skarzynska" <theania at freeuk.com>
> Subject: Re: Ahasuerus
>
> The Wandering Jew makes an appearance in LM Montgomery's Rilla of =
> Ingleside (is it Ingleside? I read it in Polish, and names were =
> sometimes changed; this book was called sth like R. of the Golden Shore)
> Anyway, WW I is in progress and he is seen. Can't remember any more.

Perhaps he was used as a translation for the Pied Piper? I don't think the
Wandering Jew appears, though I could be wrong.

I've been skimming digests quickly, so perhaps I've missed one, but I didn't
remember a thread on Ahasuerus. Ah, well, it'll turn up.

Helen Schinske