What I've read lately

hallieod at indigo.ie hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Jan 30 16:28:03 EST 2003

I've finished _The Curse of Chalion_ now, and have even started to
catch up on everything else I should have been doing, which I ignored
to keep reading.  What a wonderfully satisfying book this is!  It
reminded me strongly of _The Queen of Attolia_ at times (in the way
it considered the relationship between a person and the gods who
"use" him or her, and what that "use" means), and of _Falcon_ at
times, (the second part, in the similarity of the fate facing the
main characters), and even a bit of _The Element of Fire_, just in
the way that characters show complete loyalty to others.

Hallie.