Book clubs

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 04:26:40 EST 2003

Melissa:
But you know what else?  THIS LIST is a book club.  Not in the traditional
sense where everyone reads a book at the same time (though we do that
sometimes) but when one person has read a book, there are usually others who
want to talk about it.

And Deborah:
> You know, I should install some collaborative learning software, and
> then we could schedule real-time book discussions.  ;)  And we could
> take turns leading class.

As a new boy it's perhaps not for me to suggest this, but...

Why not a 'proper' list book club? If that's not too OT? Pick a book a
month, then discuss it on a given day - possibly using "collaborative
learning software", or else just old-fashioned posts. It could be fun. Or
would that be to take away the spontaneity of the thing?

Charlie