Pratchett recommendations

Wed Jan 29 12:00:30 EST 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:10:33 +0000, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

>Has anyone else read "The Amazing Maurice"? I think it's the newest one, and
>it's being promoted as a children's book. It was quite sweet, I found.

I think it's adorable.  I was surprised to find that it was as mature in
writing and content as the "adult" books...it's definitely something I'm
comfortable recommending to anyone.  _The Wee Free Men_ is supposed to be
another along these lines, so I'm looking forward to it (plus I think the
Pictsies are great!).  One advantage to these being marketed as children's
books is that the US editions don't have those horrible covers, so I can buy
them locally....

Melissa Proffitt