Sharon Shinn (was Re: What I've read lately)

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Tue Jan 28 16:08:10 EST 2003

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 09:57:53PM +1100, Abe Gross wrote:

> Melissa wrote:
>
> > Bah.  Too bad, because I think
> > Sharon Shinn is a pretty good writer overall.
>
> I agree--she nearly always is able to combine a charming romance with
> wonderful fantasy. *Something* went wrong here.

If she's so good, I'd really like to know which books she's good in.
Besides "Jenna Starborn" the only other thing by her I've attempted to
read was "Heart of Gold" and I hated that one so much I couldn't finish
it, basically because the heroine started off in love with an utter
utter bastard whom I couldn't stand, so I didn't have much sympathy for
the heroine either, and the society, well it felt like it had been made
up for the express purpose of talking about racism and sexism... (sigh)

So tell my why I should bother with this author that so many of you
love?

Kathryn Andersen