Pratchett recommendations

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 28 12:52:06 EST 2003

>On the other hand, if I just started with say, _Thief of Time_, would it be
>a bad beginning (with apologies to Lemony Snicket)?

Not at all. There is a minor character in Small Gods who is a more major
character in Thief of Time, and I think it would be equally enjoyable to
read ToT first and then go back to the earlier book with context. ToT is
full of characters who appear in previous books (one witch, Death and
family), so if you don't get annoyed by reading out of order, it will give
you a good idea of Pratchett in general. Plus it is a very amusing book.

Robyn