Pratchett recommendations

Abe Gross argross at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jan 28 05:50:04 EST 2003

Thanks to everyone who advised on which Pratchett book to start off with! I
suppose it's really like expecting people to suggest which DWJ to begin
with; how can you possibly choose, and how do you know what will appeal to
that particular person most?I do have in my possession three of his books
that were sent to me as review copies: _Thief of Time_, _The Truth_ and _The
Fifth Element_. ( I have no idea why these particular ones were given to
me.)  But from the discussion, it sounds as though it would be better if I
went to the library and chose a couple of people's suggestions.  _Small
Gods_ , _Reaper Man _ and _Witches Abroad_ sound like likely candidates.
Thanks!

On the other hand, if I just started with say, _Thief of Time_, would it be
a bad beginning (with apologies to Lemony Snicket)?

Ros

Ros