Cart and Cwidder missing text LONG

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jan 27 20:01:44 EST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Macrae-Gibson,R wrote:

> > What I'd like to know of those with earlier copies of Cart and
> > Cwidder is this: Did it always have that glossary at the back, or
> > is that new?

> No,
> My old puffin has the original text, which I lovingly typed out a
> while ago for the list, but no glossary.

That's such a weight off my mind, you have no idea.

It had been worrying me, in retrospect, that the C&C glossary
contained so many references to the events of _The Crown of Dalemark_.

> The only glossary I've got is the one at the back of the original
> paperback release of Crown of Dalemark. Is this the same as the
> one you've got, or does the glossary on the back of C&C refer to
> things only from that book, and not from all 4 of them?

The glossary in the back of my copy of C&C has entries only for the
people and places mentioned in C&C. Same for my copies of _Drowned
Ammet_, _The Spellcoats_, and tCoD.

I get the feeling, though, that all four glossaries are extracts from
some complete-guide-to-everything-in-the-Quartet that has been split
between the four books. (I've mentioned already, I think, that I have
a matching set.)

If I'm right, the first edition of tCoD seems to me to be a plausible
place for this comprehensive glossary to have been published. Does
your copy of tCoD include glossary entries for names that are only
mentioned in the other books? (Bangalorolob? Lalla? Zwitt?)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."