What I've read lately

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Mon Jan 27 12:21:48 EST 2003

On Monday 27 January 2003 18:07, Margaret Ball wrote:
> >It's not really a birthday unless you get books.
>
> Amen!
>
> Although one of our daughters used to look depressed when pinching
> her birthday packages and report, "I know the feel of a book."

My eldest daughter was nine yesterday, and she got four books. Two from
her grandparents - one she'd asked for and one she wanted if that
wasn't available - and two from us. She pinched the parcels and started
beaming: "It's a book! And this is another book!"

Her other grandfather gave her ice-hockey skates (also a fervent wish)
but that wasn't really a surprise as we had to go and buy them with her
feet present for the size.

   Irina

--
Vesta veran, terna puran, farenin.          http://www.valdyas.org/irina