What I've read lately

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Mon Jan 27 12:07:37 EST 2003

>It's not really a birthday unless you get books.

Amen!

Although one of our daughters used to look depressed when pinching her
birthday packages and report, "I know the feel of a book."

>I thought, upon reading _Kavalier and Clay_,
>that Michael Chabon used to be One Of Us.  _Summerland_ convinced me that he
>still is.  Funny that it's being marketed as a YA title, because the
>complexity of the prose and the plot make it entirely suitable for adults.

It may be marketed as a YA title, but our public library is filing it as
adult fiction. That is to say, they plan to file it as adult fiction if
and when the copy they have ordered ever arrives and makes it through
the byzantine complexities of the library processing system. I suspect
somebody on the fourth (admin) floor snags all the good sf/fantasy and
reads it first, because it takes a loooong time to reach the shelves.

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com