Book on tape

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 24 11:38:17 EST 2003

Hi All

I don't know how many of you like to listen to talking books. I have to
travel to work on a bus with a lot of noisy teenagers, and I was finding it
hard to read, because of their loud conversations. So my clever husband
suggested a walkman and book on tape as a solution. I have just listened to
Sabriel read by Tim Curry, and I thought I would recommend it to you all.
Some books work better than others on tape, I think, and this one works
particularly well. Curry reads it well, without being too actory, but still
putting a lot of excitement into the story, and the description becomes
very vivid. I think it had an added dimension for me as the day I listened
to the first few chapters it was snowing really hard, so those descriptions
of Sabriel racing through the snow were more sensory.

Robyn