Obnoxious text attachments

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.com
Thu Jan 23 04:33:23 EST 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 10:13:50PM -0500, JOdel at aol.com wrote:
> Obviously some people have e-mail programs which actually transfer whatever
> it is that someone has been attempting to send over the past couple of days.
>
> I however get;

> /9j/4Re0RXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA4BAgAgAAAAkgAAAA8BAgAYAAAAsgAAABABAgAMAAAA
> ygAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA2AAAABsBBQABAAAA4AAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEB
> AgAJAAAA6AAAADIBAgAUAAAACAEAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAHAEAABgDAABPTFlN

> For several pages worth.
>
> And I don't apreciate it a bit.   Can these files, which appear to be
> graphics files, from their introduction, be posted somewhere so we can go and
> look at them, rather than have them automatically made into text attachments
> which are not readable, please?

Er, they were perfectly readable to me.  It's just MIME encoding.
(That is, I assume you're talking about the recent photos sent to the
list, yes?)
However I do actually agree that it would be more agreeable not to have
LARGE files posted to the mailing list, when it would make more sense --
if possible -- to put picture files up on a web-page and for the person to
post the URL.