DWJ film

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Wed Jan 22 07:56:56 EST 2003

I'm as interested in locations as is in people. DWJ is often quite vague
about where exactly she sets her books, even when a specific city is
mentioned. Any candidates for the setting of, say, Archer's Goon?

For what it's worth, here's my collection (only two so far!) of actual DWJ
locations - Glastonbury Tor (which is pretty clearly the basis of the Tor in
Time City) and the Bristol Suspension Bridge (Fire and Hemlock AND Deep
Secret). I haven't specifically got a photo of the little path by the bridge
which Maree climbs in her Thornlady dreams, though it does exist (it takes
you up to a 19th century 'observatory' with a camera obscura on top and a
cave below...). Watch this space!

Charlie