DWJ film

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jan 22 00:16:24 EST 2003

Hi all
Happy New Year!
Catching up after a month's holiday...
Jon said...
> Maybe we could bring this thread back to DWJ bt
> discussing a hypothetical film of a DWJ book. If you
> had an unlimited budget to film one DWJ book, which
> would it be (think about which would make the best
> film - or which would you like to see visualised) and
> who would you cast....

Having just re-read Deep Secret, it's GOT to be the one! (Though I have a
suspicion that with DWJ books, whichever one you have just finished reading
would be The One. Except for Hexwood which a film wouldn't do justice to -
would have to be a TV series).
But Deep Secret feels very cinematic - the struggle to go Ayewards from
Naywards worlds, the cliff-hanging sequence at the end of Rupert's account.
I'll have to think a bit more about who I would have to act the major parts.
If it was 20 or 30 years ago I would have for Tansy-Ann Fisk the marvellous
actress who played Edith in the Archie Bunker series.
Suggestions welcome!
Regards
Elizabeth.