wikipedia

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jan 20 08:03:56 EST 2003

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, deborah wrote:

> http://www.suberic.net/cgi-bin/dwj/wiki.cgi?Diana_Wynne_Jones_Wikipedia_Home
>
> I don't know how many of you are familiar with the concept of a
> Wikipedia.  Essentially, a Wikipedia is a collaborative
> encyclopedia-building project.  Any user with the Web access can
> add articles to this encyclopedia, or modify existing articles.
> This will be done anonymously -- the system doesn't log any
> information about you or your computer (although you can configure
> a user if you want your preferences for the site to be saved, but
> this is 100% optional).

I'm a bit confused about this "configuring a user" thing. If I go
awaay for a while, then come back and re-enter my user name and
password, am I recalling the old user or creating a new one with the
same name? Does it matter?

> Please try it out!  Have fun,

Read and improve my entry about Real People, folks!

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."