Subject:Re Brust was Re: Subject: Re: Best Books 2002

Wed Jan 15 23:09:50 EST 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:54:29 -0800 (PST), Ven wrote:

>I must share the good news, however, for Melissa
>and the other Brust fans here, not only is the
>Paths of the Dead out but the other two volumes
>have been written and SKZB has got his publishers
>to agree to a nine month schedule so the next one
>is due out in July. Yay!

Woohoo!  I was hoping, when I saw that the whole thing was written, that
we'd get it in a timely fashion!  Oh, and good news for me:  I requested
_Paths of the Dead_ from the library on Monday evening and it was there
waiting for me Tuesday night.  I almost might forgive them for _Coraline_.
It's really really good, too....

>There has been a name change to the second vol.
>originally The Enchantress of Dzur Mountain, it
>is now Sethra Lavode, (who is the eponymous
>enchantress). Apparently the folk who have to
>sell the book to book shops and chains weren't
>happy with having to pronounce Dzur. I think its
>a pity, but I guess it's not a good idea to hurt
>sales.

I thought the second book was called _Lord of Castle Black_.  At least, I
saw that it was the title listed as "forthcoming" on the inside, so I
assumed it would be the next one.

Melissa Proffitt