F&H and Austen ( spoilers)

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Wed Jan 15 19:38:19 EST 2003

> I was just wondering how many different centuries you send them to, Sally,

The story starts in the 21st C (that is the bracket story) then flashes to
the 11th. Aelfthryth, aka Ellie, tells most of the story while incarcerated
in a cottage with a modern-day girl named Saranna. Saranna tells the last
few chapters, filling in a lot that Aelfthryth never knew. Aelfthryth and
Harry (really Hereweald) spend time in the 12th, 13th, 14th and so on right
to the 21st and finally in the 23rd. In some cases they remember only hours
of their time in each period, in others, they have as much as 14 years
together.

I'll send you a breakdown offlist.

The research was fairly solid. I found events to hang the episodes on, such
as the guild riots, the Black Death and the Wars of the Roses. However, it
isn't a parade of History with a capital C. Harry and Aelfthryth don't ever
consort with royalty, they don't act with Shakespeare or encounter Lord
Nelson. I could have gone that way, but I preferred to keep the drama of
"little lives".

Sallyo.