F&H and Austen ( spoilers)

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Wed Jan 15 12:33:59 EST 2003

I was just wondering how many different centuries you send them to, Sally,
and how many pages they spend there? For the last 18 months (God, it seems
much much longer) I've been working a book set in just three different
periods - one of them modern - and I've found it really difficult getting
the research, language, etc. right but not top-heavy. I don't think I'm cut
out to be a historical novelist, let alone the serial variety, but my
admiration for those who can has been proportionately increased!

Charlie (sticking to his last hereafter)