F&H and Austen

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Tue Jan 14 11:04:15 EST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Charles Butler wrote:
|Have you noticed that when DWJ occasionally shows women with much younger
|men (eg.Laurel and the Witch in Howl) the rel'p is definitely shown to be
|power-based and manipulative. No good can come of such a thing, at least in
|DWJ - or are there counterexamples?

Howl and Sophie. ;)

But it certainly is a trend.  I find myself particularly bothered by it,
actually, and the end of Year of the Griffin, which I otherwise adore
because

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

of the boys standing around saying something to the effect of "it will
be a while before our chosen ladies grow up".

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
Sir! I protest! I am _not_ a merry man!