Doing the reading (was: Best Books 2002)

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Tue Jan 14 09:04:46 EST 2003

> And neither one of them has any interest in my extensive collection of
> DWJ books. <Sigh>. In fact, neither of them reads sf/fantasy at all. So
> much for parental power to warp young minds. Hah.

They only pick up your *bad* habits, Margaret. And you can be Blamed either
way.

(a)   You never bought us anything when we were young. We were deprived.
That's why we're antisocial now.

(b)    You bought us everything when we were young. We were spoiled. That's
why we're antisocial now.

(c)    You bought us a moderate number of things when we were young. We were
lulled into a false sense of fairness and normality. That's why we're
antisocial now.

etc etc etc.....

Or So I Hear.

My children are, of course,