Why _Wuthering Heights_ is so awfully awful (was Re: Best Books 2002)

Tue Jan 14 01:22:46 EST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:32:06 -0500 (EST), deborah wrote:

>|(who is, by the way, INCENSED that you people had the nerve to stuff my
>|mailbox full of messages while I was gone, after this list was dead quiet
>|for so long.  Do you think I have nothing better to do after vacation than
>|sit around reading interesting conversations for hours?  I do have books to
>|read, you know.  Laundry to do, dishes to wash, children to teach, etc.  I
>|bet you all sat around waiting for me to walk away from the computer and
>|then set to typing with merry abandon.  Bah humbug.)
>
>Darn it, guys, she caught us!

You seem to have forgotten Rule Two:  "Melissa is a Genius And Allways
Right."  Eventually, I figure everything out, usually because someone tells
me what's going on.

(Rule One, of course, is "Do not act incautiously when confronting little
bald wrinkly smiling men.")

Melissa (yawn) Proffitt,
going to bed now