Doing the reading (was: Best Books 2002)

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Mon Jan 13 19:22:21 EST 2003

>I remembered that in high
>school, I would write my essays out in *longhand* twice--once for the rough
>draft and once for the fair copy.  It was agonizing work.  I can't even
>imagine doing so now.

Oh, yes. I remember doing that too. In fact, high school essays were
what inspired both my daughters to learn to type. (not an unmixed
blessing - now they're on the computer at all hours engaging in banal
teenage chat. I know it's banal because they're not very good at
covering their traces and I snoop occasionally just to be sure they're
not corresponding with dirty old men)

And neither one of them has any interest in my extensive collection of
DWJ books. <Sigh>. In fact, neither of them reads sf/fantasy at all. So
much for parental power to warp young minds. Hah.

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com