Doing the reading (was: Best Books 2002)

rohina at shaw.ca rohina at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 9 15:55:01 EST 2003

> Seconded. With much fellow feeling. A certain university refused to
> award me my MA unless I handed in two further copies of my
> dissertation, with "corrections" - which meant adding page
> numbers. And
> I couldn't just write them on the original copies, I had to print the
> whole thing out twice over again!

At the risk of siding with the "petty" people - the purpose of requiring a corrected copy with page numbers is so that your university can store a copy, and other people can read and cite your thesis if they need to. Most institutions do actually provide funding for printing and binding, but you have to ask; possibly this is something which is precluded by being in a snit.

Robyn