Fw: Re: censorship for senior high school students

jackie e stallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Thu Jan 9 12:00:49 EST 2003

The messages below were in response to a news story about Jane Smiley's A
Thousand Acres being censored in Australia because the censors were
afraid it would incite adolescents to make up false accusations of abuse
against the adults in their lives.  We were discussing the issue of
censorship when Patrice Kindl (author of Owl in Love, among other books),
made the comment below.  Then Judith chimed in with a discussion point
relating to DWJ.  So I thought you all might be interested.